KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY, 

 12th OCTOBER 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL

 COMMENCING AT 7.40 p.m.

 

 

Prior to the commencement of the meeting there was a short film presentation by Shropshire Rural Housing Association on the progress of the Little Stocks Close development.

 

PRESENT:- Mr. D. Dixon (Chairman), Mr. P. Kirton, Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mrs M. Wilkinson, Mrs J. Rowley, Mrs J. Barnes  and  Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).

Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.  There were 2 members of the public present and during this time the updating of the Parish Plan was discussed which was due at the end of 2016.   Mr. R. Crawford then went through the results of his informal survey re the question of speeding through Button Oak village and he asked for them to be included in the minutes of the meeting.  It was explained that the matter was now under a 21 day statutory consultation period which Shropshire Council were carrying out and at the present time the Parish Council would not be making any further comments.

  1. APOLOGIES.  None were received.
  2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Mr. Dixon declared a personal interest in Item 5 re the email from Mrs H. Heeley.
  3. MINUTES OF THE  SEPTEMBER MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed.    Proposed by Mrs J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. C Lloyd.
  4. MATTERS ARISING.
  5. HIGHWAY MATTERS.
  6. Furness Mill/Sturt Lane It was pleasing to learn that work was scheduled for both these sites imminently, although road closures would be necessary and may cause some disruption

to traffic movement during these periods but Shropshire Council were aware of the necessity to keep these to the minimum.

Further resurfacing of 1200 sq. metres in Sturt Lane was to be included in next year’s budget.

  1. Hall Farm Shropshire Council had advised that they were making arrangements for a local land drainage contractor to look at the problem outside this property as their main contractors had been unable to attend to this work due to their work load.
  2. Overgrown Conifers B.4194.   Photographs of this problem were being sent to Mrs Shineton for her attention.
  3. V.A.S at Button Oak. Mrs. Wilkinson would check the ownership of the land at this point in view of the tree which kept obscuring the sign during windy periods.
  4. Button Oak Speeding.  This matter was briefly discussed and it was confirmed that the Parish Council would take no further action until the results of the 21 day statutory consultation had been independently collated.  It was agreed that Mr. Crawford’s email detailing the results of his informal survey re this matter would be attached to the minutes in the Minute book.

Other.  Details had also been received of the proposed road closure at Borlemill Bridge, Nr. Highley involving road closure from the 12th October for approximately 7 working days.

  1. Enforcement Matters. No updates had been received.
  2. School Parking Issues/Walking Bus Handover. Some members had observed the handover in the afternoons and felt that there was no problem which needed attention by the Parish Council.  However, a meeting would be arranged with the Head Teacher to discuss general parking matters and possible Parish Council involvement in school activities.
  3. Local Council Award Scheme. Now that the application form had been received, the information required was discussed.  There was the requirement for many items – some already in existence and some to be prepared, to be included on the website which would involve a lot of work.  The Clerk would also need to obtain 12 CPD points during the year.  Meetings would be arranged with our current Web Site Host and also between the clerk, Mrs. J. Barnes and Mrs. J. Rowley to discuss the way forward.
  4. Standing Order Amendments. All members confirmed that they had received amended version of these Orders.
  5. ‘The Cabin’ Planning Permission Requirement. An agreement had been signed between the Village Hall and the operator of The Cabin who had undertaken to obtain any permissions which may be required.
  6. Anti-Virus Protection. Advice seemed to be divided as to whether further

‘paid up’ protection was required and it was agreed to leave the matter in abeyance for the present time.

  1.         CORRESPONDENCE.
  2. Shropshire Council re planning permission for 15/02426/FUL for Mr. P. Moult at

Courtyard Cottage, Winnal Court for installation of French windows to front and rear elevations, erection of fence and gate and installation of a wood burning stove (amended description) and 15/01587/FUL for Kinlet Village Hall for erection of a single storey rear extension and detached covered smoking area.

  1. SALC Conference and AGM at Shirehall on Saturday 31st October – the Clerk hoped to attend.
  2. S.R.H.A confirming that payment of the CILCA monies to the Parish Council towards the drainage system installation at Little Stocks Close could only be made upon completion of the scheme.

Circulated During Month.

  1. Amended Standing Orders.
  2. Various correspondence re Button Oak speeding from Mr. R. Crawford (including results of  his informal survey), Mrs J. Crawford, Mr. C. Giles, Mr. P. Dunn, Mr. C. Edwards and Alice Dilley both of Shropshire Council.
  3. Application for vacancy on the Parish Council from Mr. S. Harris

 Circulated with Agenda

  1. Quarterly Budget.
  2. Local Council Award Scheme Application Form.

TO BE CIRCULATED.

Clerks and Councils Direct/Local Council Review.

S.R.H.A. re allocation procedure of houses in Little Stocks Close

Repeat of previously circulated information which had not been seen by all members.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
  2. 15/03558/FUL for Mr. Colin Haywood for the erection of a single storey rear extension at Weavers Cottage, Button Oak.  Majority decision to recommend refusal on the grounds that this property had already been extended several times and it was considered that this further proposal was not subservient or in keeping with the original cottage. Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall.
  3. 15/03581/FUL for Shropshire Council for extension to Kinlet School to provide visitors lobby, offices, staff room and w.c.   Unanimous decision to recommend approval. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton.
  4. CO-OPTION TO FILL VACANCY ON THE PARISH COUNCIL

It was proposed by Mr. P. Horsfall, seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd and unanimously agreed that

Mr. S. Harris’ application be approved and that he be co-opted onto the Council.

  1. APPROVAL OF QUARTERLY BUDGET.

Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. P. Kirton and unanimously agreed that the

Budget as presented be approved.

  1. OVERGROWN HEDGES OBSTRUCTING ROAD SIGNS.

This matter would be held over until the next meeting when owners would have had more time

to carry out this work.

10        NEXT YEAR’S POSITION RE NEWSLETTER

It was understood that the present editors would not be continuing after April next year and

that a meeting was to be held in November to discuss future continuation with any interested

parishioners.

  1. DOG FOULING.

It was reported that a problem existed in School Lane with a roaming dog and details together with photographs would be sent to the Dog Warden.

  1. SUGGESTED WEB SITE INCLUSION – ‘HOW TO PRESENT YOUR IDEAS TO THE PARISH COUNCIL’

Mrs J. Barnes would prepare a draft for approval re the above to be included on the website and newsletter.

  1. PARISH PLAN UPDATE. A meeting would be held on Monday 16th November at 7.30 p.m. in the Village Hall to discuss this matter further.
  2. COUNTY COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS. Mrs. M. Shineton reported Shropshire Council still needed to fund a £40 million deficit next year. Also the Future Fit Plan had been put back until the end of December and  the SamDev publication was imminent.   Cleobury Mortimer library was to be re-organised so that staff at Cleobury Country could access the library records.
  3. PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND

It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £240.00 (salary – cheque no.001312).  2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001313)

  1. Monkey Office – £161.79 (cheque no. 001314)
  2. ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.  None were raised.
  3. DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday November 9th 2015          in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 10.05 p.m.