Kinlet Parish Council Publication Scheme
The purpose and aims of the scheme are to adopt and maintain a scheme which relates to the publication of information by the council, is approved by the Commissioner and brings to the notice of parishioners the opportunity which exists for them to inspect the Council’s documents.
Information in accordance with the scheme will be published and from time to time the scheme will be reviewed.
In preparing this scheme consideration has been given to the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, whether the Data Protection Act 1998 imposes any restrictions or constraints on publication of any information and whether any of the information falls within an exemption under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore could, or should, be withheld from publication.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE BOTH ON OUR WEBSITE OR AS A HARD COPY (Unless indicated otherwise)
- WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO – Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts. Includes Who’s Who on the Parish Council and contact details for Parish Clerk and Council members.
- WHAT WE SPEND AND HOW WE SPEND IT – Includes annual return form and report by Auditor. Finalised Budget and Precept. Standing Orders and Financial Regulations. Details of members expenses.
- WHAT OUR PRIORITIES ARE AND HOW WE ARE DOING – Includes Parish Plan and Annual Report to Parish and Community Meeting.
- HOW WE MAKE DECISIONS – Includes timetable of meetings. Agendas of Meetings. Minutes of Meetings. Responses to Consultation papers and Planning Applications.
- OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES – Includes Procedural Standing Orders and Code of Conduct. Complaints Procedure. Information security policy and Data Protection policies – Hard copy only.
- LISTS AND REGISTERS – Includes Assets Register. Members Register of Interests (available via Shropshire Council link)
- THE SERVICES WE OFFER – Includes 5 Bus Shelters. Parish Council resume of meetings’ minutes in monthly Newsletter – Hard copy only. (NOTE:- As a relatively small Parish Council we do not own or have any responsibility for allotments, burial grounds and closed churchyards, community centres and village hall, parks, playing fields and recreational facilities, seating, litter bins, clocks, memorials and lighting, markets or public conveniences.
The Parish Council business is conducted from the Clerk’s home address, which is not in the Parish, and inspection of or collection of hard copies of the documents can be available 30 mins before each monthly Parish Council meeting, by prior notification to the Clerk.
SCHEDULE OF CHARGES
Photocopying @ 10p per sheet (black and white)
Photocopying @ 15p per sheet (colour)
Postage – Actual cost of Royal Mail standard 2nd class postage charge in accordance with current charges.
Re-Approved Oct 2018
Review Oct 2019