KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
10th NOVEMBER 2014 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr. A. Longdon (Chairman), Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mrs J. Barnes, Mr K. Walton, Mr D Dixon and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were 2 members of the public present when discussions took place relating to the current situation regarding speeding through Button Oak and a possible donation towards the upgrading work which was required at the Parish Hall.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mrs. M. Wilkinson (family commitments), Mr. P. Kirton (holiday) – both acceptable reasons – and Mr. G. Butler.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
- MINUTES OF THE OCTOBER MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill – there was considerable concern due to the situation here and photographs would be sent to Shropshire Council to show the extent of the problems.
- Hall Farm. No timing had yet been received relevant to the work due here.
- Sturt Lane. Shropshire Council had advised that contractors had been instructed relative to further work here. The flash flooding on the bend would be inspected during rainy conditions
d Button Oak Speeding. In an endeavour to progress further possible speed restrictions, it was agreed to accept the offer for an officer from Wet Mercia Police to come along prior to the December meeting to discuss this matter. A note would be placed in the newsletter to this effect.
e Footpath near to Old Colliery. Shropshire Council were waiting information from Kinlet Estate.
- Potholes near The Woodlands. Felt there was more than Ôsurface frettingÕ here with a sizable pothole in evidence – to be reported again.
- Meaton Lane Resurfacing. Shropshire Council again to be asked to expedite repairs prior to next yearÕs re-surfacing due to the very bad condition of the road.
- Flooding on newly surfaced B.4555 (Tiphouse to Highley) where water was missing the drains – raised with S.C. Consultants who designed and supervised the work. Awaiting proposals to rectify.
- Potholes on the B.4555 at Hillfields. – repaired.
j Wrongly positioned entrance splay at Crumpsend Farm – Shropshire Council advise that matter being investigated by Mouchel and the contractors who carried out original work.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. There were no updates to report.
- HEDGE TRIMMING. Letters had been sent out requesting trimming of certain hedges. It was a legal requirement that hedges be trimmed back 1 metre from the road and whilst Shropshire Council could carry out this work, there would be a charge.
- KNHW. Co-ordinators meeting later in the month – report next month.
- SCHOOL PARKING ISSUES. Alice Dilley from Shropshire Council had advised that she would be contacting the school to see if the problems of parking outside the school gates could be resolved. However it was clear that additional parking facilities for the school were required.
- S.A.L.C. AGM on the 1st November had been cancelled.
- N.A.L.C. re nomination for membership of their Smaller CouncilsÕ Committee.
CIRCULATED BY E.MAIL DURING MONTH.
- Shropshire Community Health News.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
- CPRE Countryside Voice/Field Work.
- Clerks and Councils Direct.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- 14/04491/FUL for Mrs. S. Williams for erection of 1 dwelling following demolition of existing at The Hide, Dowles Road, Bewdley. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes, seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall and agreed by all that the application be recommended for approval providing that the requirements for tree and drainage consultations were carried out.
- 14/04587/FUL for Mr. T. Davies for erection of a detached dwelling and installation of package treatment plant on land south of Dowles Cottage, Dowles Road, Bewdley. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon, seconded by Mr. D. Haywood and approved by all that the application be recommended for approval subject to the residential rights on the site not having lapsed.
- PLACE PLAN CONSULTATION RE UPDATING REQUIREMENTS.
After discussion it was agreed that a requirement would be included in the annual revision for provision of Pick Up and Drop Off points for school.
- CONSIDERATION OF DONATION TO VILLAGE HALL
It was understood that an amount of approximately £60,000 would be required to update the
electrics and other work. Fund raising was taking and the Parish Council agreed to support
these with a donation this year and also next year – amount yet to be agreed when more
information was available.
- APPROVAL OF HALF YEARLY RECEIPTS AND PAYMENTS ACCOUNTS.
Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon, seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd and approved by all.
10 ARRANGEMENTS FOR STAFFING MEETING. This would take place in January.
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS. No County Councillors were present.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £235.00 (salary – cheque no.001253)
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA. No new items were raised.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday December 8th 2014 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 9.00 p.m.