KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
11th JANUARY 2016 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr D. Dixon, Mr. P. Kirton, Mr D. Haywood, Mr P. Horsfall, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mrs J. Rowley, Mrs J. Barnes, Mr S. Harris and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance Mr. G. Butler (from 7.40 to 10.00 p.m.)
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were no members of the public present.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mrs M. Shineton.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
- MINUTES OF THE DECEMBER MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mrs J. Barnes and seconded by Mr C. Lloyd.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Button Oak Speeding. As this matter was due to be discussed again next month, breakdown of the costs for upgrading the speed limit to 40 m.p.h. would be confirmed with Shropshire Council together with the availability of the money involved.
- Furness Mill As there were still concerns re the condition of the road here, Graham Downes’ offer at the end of last year to meet on site Mrs J. Barnes would be taken up.
Mr Haywood was dealing with the sign which needed re-erection.
- V.A.S. Sign at Button Oak. The hedge obstructing this sign on occasions had not been cut. As Mrs. Wilkinson was not at the meeting progress was not able to be ascertained – clerk to remind.
The V.A.S sign at Kinlet was overdue for its visit and this would be chased by the Clerk.
- Water Leak Outside Hall Farm. Mrs Shineton was progressing this matter and no update was available as she was not present at the meeting.
- Sturt Lane – Road Clean plus attention to Leaning Telephone Pole. Mrs. Shineton had been dealing with these matters also and no update was available at the present time.
- Ivy Covered Give Way Sign approaching Village Hall. Mr. Lloyd has attended to this matter.
- Road Signs Regulations Update. All members had received a copy of the regulations and the erection of future signs could now be monitored. No action required at the present time.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. There were no matters to update.
- KINLET SCHOOL. Dog fouling still appeared to be a problem and Mr Haywood was speaking to an owner whose dog maybe involved. Letters had been delivered to all residents of Park Close re the possible laying of slabs behind the telephone box so that the walking bus could use this route rather than walking along the roadside as at present – no objections had been received. It was hoped that this would encourage more parents to use the walking bus, thereby parking at the Eagle and Serpent and not in Park Close.
- WEB SITE UPDATE TO MEET TRANSPARENCY CODE AND LOCAL COUNCIL AWARDS SCHEME REQUIREMENTS.
After considering the 3 quotations which had been obtained it was agreed to accept the one from Betelguise Web Design of Bridgnorth to replace our existing site with a WordPress Website at a cost of £475.00 with additional costs of £100 for transfer and hosting for one year and amendments to existing website to be charged at £25.00 per hour.
The possibility of a grant for the work required to meet the new Transparency Code was being investigated.
- PARISH PLAN UPDATING AND REVIEW. It would be suggested to Mr. Engleheart that a note be put in the newsletter re interest from parishioners to join the Steering Committee which was to be formed.
- NEW COPY FOR WEB SITE INCLUSION. This was in relation to accessibility to parish council matters Mrs Barnes would provide for approval.
- NEWSLETTER CONTINUATION AFTER APRIL UPDATE. No one was aware of any update availability.
- SMARTWATER SCHEME. Members had received information about the scheme operating in Cleobury Mortimer and Mr. Butler was able to give more information re this matter. It appeared that whilst grants had been obtained, matched funding had also been required which could be quite considerable. It was agreed to include this as an item in the Parish Plan update for consultation.
- UPDATE RE NETHERTON LANE PROBLEMS. Mrs. Shineton had been obtaining update for this matter.
- PARISH CENSUS BOOKLET. The Parish Council had purchased a book for circulation amongst members and Mr Barnes (the author) had included a note in the Newsletter of its availability.
- STAFF APRAISAL. Mr P. Kirton and Mrs J. Barnes had had a meeting with the clerk prior to the meeting and there did not appear to be any problems on either side. The main aim for the clerk for the forthcoming year was to ensure that the new Transparency Code was being met and lead the Local Council Award Scheme at Foundation Level application.
No new pay scale or mileage allowances had been issued by NALC but if these did come through during the year they would be implemented. Mrs Barnes would prepare an Appraisal Form.
- Big Conservation Workshop – 18th Jan at Shirehall.
- Planning Permissions for applications nos. 15/04497/FUL for Ms. Karen Workman for erection of a single storey side extension, rear extension to conservatory and change of exterior material of first floor rear extension from render to stained timber cladding at 1 Woodgate, Kinlet and application no. 14/04587/FUL for Mr. T. Davies for erection of a detached dwelling south of Dowles Cottage, Dowles Road, Bewdley.
- Electoral Register Updates.
- SALC re Buckingham Palace Garden Party nomination – Mr D. Dixon’s name would be put forward.
- Mr A. Scaplehorn re milestones and location of missing original plate from No. 4 milestone. He would be asked if he was willing to progress its change over to the replaced one so that the original one could be re-instated on its original milestone and possible listed consent obtained.
- J. Egginton re Park Close parking and placing of slabs behind of telephone box. (See item 3)
- Claire Fell re Kinlet 30 mph speed limit and Park Close parking. (See Items 1.3 and 3)
- Formal Adoption Notice of SamDev Plan.
CIRCULATED BY E.MAIL DURING MONTH
S.R.H.A. re Little Stocks Official Opening 2/2/2016
Papers re Joint Cleobury and Highley and Chelmarsh LJC Meeting.
S.A.L.C. Bulletin 18th Dec.
D.C.L.G. on Spending Review Briefing Notes.
Community Rights Usage Map
P.C.C. re possible precept increase to sustain local policing.
CIRCULATED WITH AGENDA.
Information re roadside signs regulations.
Quarterly Budget Report
Proposed Budget Forecast for 2016/2017 and suggested Precept Figure.
TO BE CIRCULATED. Census Book.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS. There were none to hand as at date of meeting.
Shropshire Council had advised that planning application no. 12/03325/FUL for Mr T Ingram for affordable dwelling north of Park Close had ‘ground to a halt’ due to protracted negotiations on the section 106 Agreement and the file had been closed and the application recorded as ‘not proceeded with’.
- CONSIDERATION AND APPROVAL OF BUDGET FORECAST FOR 2016/2017 AND SETTING OF PRECEPT FIGURE.
After discussion it was agreed to make an amendment to the suggested budget figures and set a Precept figure for 2016/2017 of £7960. (Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton)
- APPROVAL RE OPENING OF NEW BANK ACCOUNT FOR BALANCE OF CLD PAYMENT TO BE TRANSFERRED FROM CURRENT ACCOUNT
Proposed by Mrs J. Barnes, seconded by Mr. ., Dixon and agreed by all that the clerk would make the necessary arrangements to open a new account for this purpose.
- APPROVAL OF QUARTERLY BUDGET REPORT.
It was proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mrs J. Barnes and agreed by all to approve the budget as submitted together with the overspend on Stat/Photocopying, Computer Expenses, Button Oak Speeding Consultation and Post Re-direction.
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT.
Mr. Butler reported on the SamDev approval which would add more weight to planning applications. The Council had a new Leader of Administration and he had now taken on the role of Deputy within the Cabinet with town and parish council responsibilities.
There were still considerable savings needed to be made for 2016/17 onwards which was the purpose of the Big Conservation asking people which services they wished to retain and which ones could be cut back.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:-
1.Mrs J. Burgess – £240.00 (salary for Dec. – 001319). 2. Mrs J. Burgess – £16.90 – ( travelling expenses Dec – cheque no. 001320) 3. Rotary Printers – £49.50 (Welcome Pack inserts 10/12 – cheque no. 001327) 4. S.A.L.C. – £40.00 (training 25/11 – cheque no.001328). 5. J. Barnes – £6.00 (25/12 Census Book – cheque no. 001329) 6. Bridgnorth and S.S. Crucial Crewe £56.00 (Jan – cheque no. 001330). Present balance £10,288.21
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- It was proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd that the following Motion be placed on the agenda for next meeting – ‘that the Parish Council stands by its decision made on the 10th August 2015 to request that Shropshire Council raise the speed limit through Button Oak to 40 mph’
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday 8th February 2016 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 10.20 p.m.