KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
Minutes of the ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
held on Monday 11 May 2015 in the Parish Hall
commencing at 7.00 p.m.
PRESENT. Mr. D. Dixon, Mr. P. Kirton, Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mrs. J. Barnes, Mrs. M. Wilkinson (from 7.10 p.m.) and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk) Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton (from 7.20 p.m.) and 5 Parishioners for parts of the meeting.
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN. It was proposed by Mr C. Lloyd and seconded by Mrs J. Barnes that Mr D. Dixon be elected as Chairman. This was unanimously approved and Mr. Dixon signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mr G. Butler and Mr. K. Walton.
- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS . None were declared at this point.
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN. It was proposed by Mr. P. Horsfall and seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes that Mr P. Kirton be re-elected to this position. This was unanimously approved
- ELECTION OF OTHER REPRESENTATIVES.
- PARISH HALL. Mr D. Haywood and Mr P. Horsfall would continue as the representatives.
- AREA COMMITTEE. Mrs. J. Barnes would take on this role.
- LOCAL JOINT COMMITTEE/CLEOBURY YOUTH P/NERSHIP. Mr D. Haywood would continue to act as representative. All the above appointments were proposed by Mr P. Kirton, seconded by Mr. D. Dixon and unanimously approved.
- APPROVAL OF INCOME & EXPENDITURE ACCOUNT AND BANK RECONCILIATION AS AT 31/3/2015
Members had received copies of these items, which were unanimously approved.
Both proposed by Mr D. Haywood and seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. No matters were raised at this point.
- MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING. These were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. C. Lloyd and seconded by Mrs. M. Wilkinson
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. Shropshire Council had advised that Ringway Structures team were progressing this scheme. An ecological survey had been undertaken and it was likely Natural England consent would be required due to the location of the site and being designated as a SSSI site. Works anticipated to be undertaken when STW had completed laying a water main
scheduled between July and September.
- Meaton Lane. Drainage work now completed with resurfacing taking place w/c 11th May after which the road will be re-opened.
- Hall Farm. No date as yet for the work outside this site.
- Footpath Old Colliery. Meeting now arranged with representative from The Estate – we will be kept updated.
- Catsley Corner Signs Signs now with contractors but no erection date advised. Mrs. Shineton to investigate the hold up.
f Kingswood Lane Flooding. Now being pursued individually – no action required on part of the Parish Council.
g Overgrown Conifers B.4194. Mrs. Barnes to provide photographs shortly when she is able to drive again.
- Drainage on bend Sturt Lane to Catsley Corner. Shropshire Council advised jetter booked to clear system/identify blockages.
- Road Closure B.4194 in March. Shropshire Council had replied re our concern re this matter with advice that they had to adhere to Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual which outlined the safe working widths when staff were working within the highway. If there was insufficient room to allow the safe passage of traffic past the working area then a road must be signed as closed to through traffic.
- Button Oak Speeding Questionnaire. Mrs. Barnes reported that replies were coming in with the closing date not until the 30th June. She would then analysis the results and present them at the June meeting. A copy of a parishionerÕs emails re this matter had been circulated to councillors.
k V.A.S. Sign Button Oak. This had been removed and repaired under guarantee. As it still may not be working satisfactorily, an eye would be kept on its operation and any malfunction reported to the clerk.
- Gibbons Well Pothole. Whilst Shropshire had advised its repair – this was not the case and would be reported again.
- Potholes in Sturt Lane. Shropshire Council advised that some defects had been attended to at end of April and 2 sections marked for resurfacing during current financial year. Now going through consultants for programming by Ringway.
The pothole along this lane by Winnals Farm on the corner of the bend would be reported
- Work B.4363 from Park Close to Junction B.4555. Awaiting availability of Ringway to carry out site visit/traffic management requirements – no date as yet.
New Problem. Water meter covered over in Meaton Lane by council houses (Mr. Birch). Mrs.Shineton to take this matter up and also the pothole at Sturt Lane – B.4143 – which had been repaired twice this year and still not satisfactory.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. There were no updates to hand.
- SCHOOL ISSUES
- Mr. Engleheart had advised that the parking issue was ongoing and he was talking to the school and also Shropshire Council.
- Mr. Haywood confirmed that the notice board outside the school did not belong to the Parish Council. The clerk would contact the school re using this board for our notices and also clarify the whereabouts of the key.
- Acknowledgments of donations from Kinlet Playgroup/Kinlet Village Hall/Severn Hospice/W. Midlands Air Ambulance/St. MaryÕs Youth P/ship/Cleobury Mortimer First Responders/Kemp Hospice/Cleobury Youth Partnership.
- Forthcoming road closures – not applicable to our area.
- Questionnaire re Shropshire Council Planning Application Decision Process completed.
To Be Circulated.
- West Mercia P.C.C. Newsletters (2)
- Clerks and Councils Direct.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- 15/01587/FUL for Mr. M. Southall re the erection of a single storey rear extension and detached covered smoking area at Kinlet Village Hall was discussed and it was proposed by Mr P. Kirton, seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes and unanimously agreed that this application be recommended for approval.
AT 8.00 p.m. THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED FOR THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING TO TAKE PLACE. THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING RECOMMENCED AT 9.00 p.m.
- CONSIDERATION AND APPROVAL OF INSURANCE RENEWAL.
It was unanimously agreed that the reduced premium obtained to stand for 3 years of £289.14 would be accepted. (Proposed by Mrs J. Barnes and seconded by Mr D. Haywood)
- PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY UPDATE
Shropshire Council had advised that no election had been requested by parishioners and the vacancy could now be filled by co-option. Notices would be placed in the newsletter and on the notice boards with a closing date of 3rd July for the nominations to be considered at the July meeting.
- DOG FOULING OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL.
This issue had been presenting a problem together with general fouling around the area. It was agreed a notice would be placed in the newsletter and Mr. D. Haywood would also deal with this matter.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND.
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Rotary Printers – £139.00 (photocopying/cheque on. 001290). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses/cheque no. 001291). 3. Mrs. J. Burgess – £240.00 (salary/cheque no. 001292). 4. NALC – £17.00 (LGR annual sub/cheque no. 001293). 5. AON Insurance – £289.14/cheque no. 001294)
16 ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- Possible adoption of a telephone box for housing a defibrillator.
- Village Hall/|Lottery Funding possibility.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING.
This was arranged for Monday June 8th in the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m with an adjournment at some stage during the meeting for general discussion relating to the analysis of the Button Oak speeding questionnaire and the meeting closed at approximat4ely 9.45 p.m