KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
12th JANUARY 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT:- Mr. A. Longdon, Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr P. Kirton, Mrs. J. Barnes, Mr. K. Walton, Mr. D. Dixon and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton (from 8.55 p.m. to 9.25 p.m.)
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were 2 members of the public present (1 member stayed for the whole of the meeting). During this time discussion took place relating to the diagram which had been provided relative to preventative measures relating to speeding through Button Oak. It was unanimously agreed by all present that this diagram did not give sufficient details for the proposals to be put to the residents of Button Oak for their comments. It was also understood that Shropshire Council may not have the finances at the present time to implement any scheme.
- APOLOGIES. Mrs. M. WilkinsonÕs apologies (family commitments – acceptable reason )were given via a telephone message on 12th January but not picked up until 13th January – so not tendered at the meeting.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Mrs. M. Shineton declared an interest in Item 6 and did not participate in any discussion.
- MINUTES OF THE DECEMBER MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon and seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. No further information re the position here.
- Hall Farm. No further news re this matter was available.
- Sturt Lane. Despite Shropshire Council advising that they had not received any reports of defects here since Ringway were last on site, this was not the case. There were 5 sizeable potholes from Kingswood Lane to Furness Mill Bridge which needed attention.
- Button Oak Speeding. No further discussion other than that in public participation time.
- Footpath near Old Colliery. Whilst this had been chased no update had been received as yet.
- Potholes near The Woodlands. Despite repeated requests no action had been taken re this matter. Highways would be asked to contact Mr. Dixon to discuss on site.
- Meaton Lane. Shropshire Council would be asked to provide better signing as to where the road was actually closed.
- Flooding on the B.4555 and Crumpsend Farm splay. Shropshire Council awaiting reports from their consultants re these matters. The owner of Crumpsend Farm had received no contact as advised and it would be suggested that a visit be made when there were rainy or frosty conditions to view the problem.
- Old Forge. Shropshire had advised that further investigation here was needed and they would asked when this would be carried out.
- Drain Cover at Button Oak. Shropshire Council had asked their contractors to reset the gully cover.
- 125 Bus Service. This had been saved and another operator had taken over its running.
- Signs at Goosemoor Close and Catsley Corner.
- Shropshire Council were redesigning the advance direction sign to better highlight the road layout and if there was room would be providing a ÔNo Through RoadÕ sign either on its own or on a street nameplate sign.
- Still no delivery date as yet for this sign which was long overdue and this quite unacceptable situation had been taken up with Shropshire Council.
New problem – Repair at entrance to Hawkbatch Car Park had opened up again – unsatisfactory and would be reported.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. No relevant updates received.
- HEDGE TRIMMING. This had not been carried out at 3 properties as requested and owners would be reminded that if this work was not carried Shropshire Council would carry out the work and make a charge.
- SCHOOL PARKING ISSUES UPDATE. We had been advised that Shropshire Council had been in contact with the Head Teacher and were arranging to visit the school. The use of an existing footpath from the new development along the side of the school playing field for school use was being investigated by S.R.H.A.
- Shropshire Council re approval for application no. 14/04338/FUL for The Cottage, Button Oak for Mr. T. Wilkinson for erection of 2 storey extension, elevation alterations and formation of bay window with conditions re house martins nests and action required if any bats were present.
- Shropshire Council re road closure B. 4194 Dowles at Skeys Wood for carriageway patching on 9th March for 2 days from 8.00a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- IP and E Communications re ShropshireÕs NHS Walk-In Centre.
- New Register of Electors.
- S.A.L.C. re Buckingham Palace Garden Party nominations – Chairman and Vice ChairmanÕs names to be put forward.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
- Police and Crime CommissionerÕs Newsletter Issue 5 – Dec. 2014.
- Local Council Review and Clerks and Councils Direct.
- NHS Community Health News (Shropshire Community Health)
CIRCULATED BY E. MAIL DURING MONTH.
- Dept. for Communities and Local Government Consultation re modernising Parish Poll regulations.
- S.A.L.C.Õs letter re Council Tax Support Grant cessation.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- 14/05452/VAR for Shropshire Rural Housing Ass. for variation of Condition 2 (approved plans) attached to planning permission ref. 14/00897/FUL to modify wall treatment to land to side of Little Stocks Close, Kinlet. Unanimous decision to recommend approval – proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. D. Dixon.
- REPORT FROM STAFFING COMMITTEE. The ClerkÕs annual appraisal had been held prior to the meeting and it was recommended that in line with recent NALCÕs recommendations her salary be increased to £240.00 per month on SCP 27 as from 1/1/2015
together with the recommended payment of a £100 non-consolidated payment to be paid at the end of March 2015 and a payment of £17.00 in April 2015. Proposed by Mr. K. Walton, seconded by Mr. D. Dixon and agreed by all.
It had been agreed that she would keep a note of her hours worked over the next year to compare with the no. of hours for which she was currently paid (4.5 per week).
- UPDATE RE QUALITY COUNCIL SCHEME REPLACEMENT BY LOCAL COUNCIL AWARD SCHEME.
A new Local Council Award Scheme had been launched which replaced the Quality Parish and Town Council Scheme and our Quality Council Status would expire on 31st January 2015. It was proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes, seconded by Mr. A. Longdon and agreed by all to apply for automatic transition to the Foundation level of the new Local Council Award Scheme, which would last until January 2016 at no cost, and re-assess the situation then. After discussion it was also agreed by all that the Quality Council logo would remain on the printed letter headings but when the Welcome Pack covers were re-printed it would be removed from these.
- CONSIDERATION OF PARISH POLLS REGULATIONS MODERNISATION.
Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes, seconded by Mr. P. Kirton that agreed by all that these recommendations be approved.
- S.A.L.CÕS REQUEST FOR SUPPORT RE COUNCIL TAX SUPORT GRANT NO LONGER BEING PAID TO SHROPSHIRE PARISH AND TOWN COUNCILS.
It was felt that this non-payment did not affect Kinlet to any extent as it had never been built- in to the Budget. However, a letter would be sent to the Minister of State (Dept. for Communities and Local Government) expressing concern that this grant was no longer being passed on to Parish Councils and the hope that rural areas would receive a fair share of funding for the provision of public services across the board.
- APPROVAL OF BUDGET AND SETTING OF PRECEPT (2015/2016)
The prepared Budget was considered and approved by all with the addition of an extra £300 to the Welcome Pack expenses. The Precept figure would be £6877. (Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton)
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS
Mrs. M. Shineton reported on the forthcoming imminent Ôsod cuttingÕ ceremony at the land to side of Little Stocks Close for the new development.
She also talked about enterprise money hopefully being available to expand local businesses if sufficient evidence could be provided. She would be putting a note in the newsletter re this matter.
Discussions had taken place at the new Medical Centre at Cleobury Mortimer re expansion of services
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Rotary Printers – £81.60 (cheque no. 001257). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £235.00 (salary – cheque no. 001258). 3. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001259)
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA. None were raised.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday 9th February 2015 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 9.30 p.m.