KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
Minutes of the ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
held on Monday 12th May 2014 in the Parish Hall
commencing at 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT. Mr A. Longdon, Mr. P. Kirton, Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mrs. J. Barnes, Mrs. M. Wilkinson, Mr. D. Dixon, Mr. K. Walton and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk) Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton (from 8.00 p.m.) and 5 Parishioners.
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN. It was proposed by Mr P. Kirton and seconded by Mr D. Dixon that Mr. A. Longdon be re-elected as Chairman. This was unanimously approved and Mr. Longdon signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mr G. Butler.
- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS . None were declared at this point.
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN. It was proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall that Mr D. Dixon be re-elected to this position. This was unanimously approved
- ELECTION OF OTHER REPRESENTATIVES.
- PARISH HALL. Mr D. Haywood and Mr P. Horsfall would continue as the representatives.
- AREA COMMITTEE. Mr D. Dixon would continue as representative.
- LOCAL JOINT COMMITTEE/CLEOBURY YOUTH P/NERSHIP. Mr D. Haywood would continue to act as representative. All the above appointments were proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes, seconded by Mr. P. Kirton and unanimously approved.
- APPROVAL OF INCOME & EXPENDITURE ACCOUNT AND BANK RECONCILIATION AS AT 31/3/2014
Members had received copies of these items, which were unanimously approved.
Both proposed by Mr P. Kirton and seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. Discussion took place with members of the public regarding Spring Meadow – the concerns of which were known to the Parish Council and being pursued. Also discussion re the Milestones and a planning application.
- MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING. These were taken as read, amended, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- No update had been received in relation to the urgent action requested at Furness
Mill and Mrs. Shineton offered later in the evening to take this matter up with the Area Director.
AT 8.00 p.m. THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED FOR THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING TO TAKE PLACE. THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING RECOMMENCED AT 8.35 p.m.
- Details of a meeting with Shropshire Council to discuss possible additional traffic calming measures in Button Oak were awaited – Mr. Longdon chasing.
- The white lining along the centre of the B.4194 had been completed. The sections which have missing edge of carriageway markings would be surface dressed later in the year and the markings replaced then
- The presence of water still appearing on the carriageway outside Hall Farm would be further investigated by Shropshire Council.
- Shropshire Council would be asked to look at the Give Way signing approaching main road/Catsley corner to give sufficient warning of the junction.. It was felt there was no justification to request a change of priority at this point.
- Whilst the work on the B.4555 had been carried out very satisfactorily, there was a query relating to the camber of the road at one point. Mrs. Shineton would look into this matter.
- A pothole of some considerable length along from The Woodlands towards Bewdley would be reported by Mrs. Shineton.
- Mr. Oliver would be asked to confirm that he was still carrying out monthly inspections of the local roads and a meeting with him and Graham Downes would be requested to discuss the outstanding highway matters within the parish.
- CABINET FOR ARCHIVED MATERIAL. The cabinet was now installed in the parish hall and all archived material would be kept here.
- TRAINING. The Clerk was endeavouring to obtain some training sessions with the clerk of Stottesdon at a local venue.
- MILESTONES. The cutting back of the grass around these monuments was discussed again and would be attended to as follows:- a. Hawkbatch and Button Oak – Mr. R. Crawford. b.Button Bridge – Mrs. J. Barnes. c. Road to Bagginwood from B. 4363/Kinlet Triangle – B.4363/Kinlet Bank – Baveney – B.4363 – Mr.D. Haywood. d. Nortons End – Mr. P. Horsfall. e. Nr. Winnals Farm – B.4363 – Mr C. Lloyd.
- SPRING MEADOW. Confirmation had only just been received from Shropshire Council that they were looking into the concerns here and further updates would be requested.
- Letter from Kinlet Family Playgroup re their aim to buy new waterproof outfits for the children and as they receive no financial assistance from Shropshire Council it was agreed to make a donation of £250.00. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd.
- Kinlet School were working to smarten up the school grounds and it was agreed to make a donation of £50.00 towards the cost of the materials for this work. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. D. Haywood.
- Register of Electors amendments.
- Letters acknowledging donations from Kemp Hospice, Severn Hospice and St. MaryÕs Youth Project.
TO BE CIRCULATED NEXT MONTH.
Clerks and Councils Direct/Severn Hospice Year Book 2013/2014/CPRE Annual Report.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS .
- 14/01396/FUL for Mr. D. Lewis for the erection of single plot affordable dwelling at Sunnyside, Kinlet. It was a unanimous decision to recommend approval – proposed by Mr. P. Kirton and seconded by Mr. K. Walton.
2 14/01789/LBC for Mr. J. Crate for the erection of garden room following demolition
of a porch at Upper Farmhouse, Kinlet. After some discussion it was proposed by Mr. A.
Longdon and seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd that the application be recommended for refusal due
to its size being out of keeping and character to the existing building and this was passed by a
majority decision with 3 abstentions. The initial motion proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and
seconded by Mrs. Wilkinson that the application be recommended for approval received no
- CONSIDERATION OF INSURANCE RENEWAL. It was agreed to renew the insurance with Aon at a reduced figure of £324.77 having also obtained a quotation from Zurich Insurance. Proposed by Mr A. Longdon and seconded by Mr D. Haywood.
- PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND.
It was agreed to make the following payments;- 1. Mrs J. Burgess – £235.00 (salary at new agreed rate – cheque no. 001222) 2. Mrs J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001221) 3. Aon Insurance £324.77 (cheque no. 001223). 4. S.A.L.C. – £331.16 (annual subs – cheque no. 001220). 5. Kinlet Family Playgroup – £250.00 (cheque no.001224). Mr. D. Dixon £16.16. (travelling expenses – cheque no.001219) Proposed by Mr A. Longdon and seconded by Mrs J. Barnes.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING.
This was arranged for Monday 9th June commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 9.35 p.m.