KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
13th JULY 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr. D. Dixon (Chairman), Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. P. Kirton, Mrs. J. Barnes, Mrs M. Wilkinson, Mr. C. Lloyd and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were 3 members of the public present.
Mr. Engleheart gave an update on the parking issues outside the school and the matter had been discussed with the Head Teacher and also at a governorsÕ meeting. He advised that the school had no jurisdiction outside its own gates which was a public highway. The walking bus had been instigated and was used by 45 of the 65 children at the school. It was felt that zig zag lines outside the school would only move the problem further up the lane. The situation relating to use of the playground was under constant review but it was not believed there was an issue to challenge the County Engineer and, whilst the present situation was not ideal, it was felt that it should remain as status quo.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mrs M. Shineton.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
- MINUTES OF THE JUNE MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mrs J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. No further update received.
- Hall Lane. Shropshire Council had advised that there was no date as yet for the commencement of this work.
- Sturt Lane. Shropshire Council would inspect the whole lane when STW had completed their water main renewal works but the pothole outside Winwoods Farm was still unrepaired and would be reported again.
- Sign at Catsley Corner. As Mrs. Shineton was not at the meeting, no update was available, nor update on review of general effectiveness of highway repairs.
- Overgrown Conifers B. 4194. Photographs to be provided in the Autumn when other vegetation had died down.
- B.4363 from Park Close to junction B.4555 patching. Shropshire Council awaiting confirmation that they could proceed with work as agreed. Possible STW work along here would be queried which should be carried prior to road works.
- Covered Water Meter in Meaton Lane – This had been marked for attention.
- Button Oak Speeding. Brief details had been received relating to the average speed check recently carried out by the Safety Road Partnership outside the Church and Public House. The Parish Council felt this information was not sufficient to make an informed decision re the
next step and Shropshire Council would be asked to provide the full report as had been provided previously.
- V.A.S. at Button Oak by the Church – felt there was an intermittent fault relating to this sign which would be reported.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. There were no updates to report.
- SCHOOL PARKING ISSUES. The points raised by Mr. Engleheart were taken on board but the question of the safety aspect of the hand over of the children on the walking bus on the corner of the road opposite the Eagle and Serpent car park was raised and it was agreed to request a meeting with the Head Teacher in the September to discuss the situation.
The question of dog fouling outside the school gate was also discussed and it was unanimously agreed that a letter would be sent re this matter to the owner/s involved – proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. D. Haywood
- BUTTON OAK CHURCH. It was reported that the Church had been painted outside and looked much better.
- ADOPTION OF A TELEPHONE BOX FOR HOUSINGA DEFIBRILLATOR.
As not all members had had the opportunity to read the relevant information, this matter would be discussed again at the August meeting.
- SAMDev. Agreed no further modifications to be requested.
- 5. CORRESPONDENCE.
Circulated during the month – NALC Bulletin on National Development/PCC Newsletter/Parish Councils Task and Finish Group – Table of Code of Policy Positions – no further comments/SALC Information Bulletin 8th July/NHS Midlands re Locality Workshops/
A.Longdon email re Button Oak Speeding
Circulated with Agenda. Copies of applications for vacancy on Parish Council/Quarterly Budget/Copy of K. WaltonÕs resignation letter.
- Gail Tweedale re Pound Green and Button Oak Community Hall representation.
- Approval re Planning Applications nos 15/01751LBC for Mr. S.J. Roberts for replacement windows, internal alterations to remove false floor and alterations to first floor layout at Birch Farm, Button Bridge Lane, Button Bridge, Kinlet/ 15/00898/FUL for Mrs. K. Workman for erection of rear extension over existing ground floor extension, balcony and conservatory to side elevation (amended description) at 1 Woodgate, Kinlet and15/01181/FUL for Mrs.D, Childe for formation of a new vehicular access on land at Kinlet Estate off B4363, Billingsley, Shropshire.
- Local Council Awards Scheme – possible dates for further information meeting.
- Update to Register of Electors.
- SALC re future training dates.
- Shropshire Council – Road Safety Policy submissions.
- Western Power re damage to Button Bridge Bus Shelter during month – repairs appear to have been carried.
- R. Crawford re shed break-ins in Button Bridge Lane.
To Be Circulated.
Clerks and Councillors Direct/Local Council Review.
Diamond Bus Company – Traffic Commission Decisions.
Shropshire Housing Group Corporate Plan details.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- 15/02795/AGR for erection of a forestry building for cutting and storing logs on land at Raggits Quarry, Knowle Hill, Kinlet for Mrs. D. Childe. Not a formal consultation for information only.
- 15/02729/AGR for proposed formation of forestry and estate access tracks for Kinlet Estate. Not a formal consultation for information only.
- 15/02461/CPL re Certificate of Lawful Development for the erection of an ancillary
outbuilding for Mr.C. Price, 16 Button Bridge Lane, Button Bridge. Unanimously agreed to recommend approval – proposed by Mr. D. Haywood and seconded by Mrs. M. Wilkinson.
- VOTING FOR CO-OPTION OF NEW COUNCILLOR.
It was an overall majority decision that Mrs. J. RowleyÕs application for co-option be approved.
- APPROVAL OF QUARTERLY BUDGET REPORT.
It was proposed by Mr. P. Kirton, seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall and unanimously agreed that this be approved together with the over budget amount as listed.
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS. As neither County Councillor were present, there were no reports available.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:-1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £240.00 (salary -cheque no. 001300) 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses – cheque no.001301). 3. DHCNet- £110.00 (cheque no. 001302). 4. I.T.S Solutions – £297 (cheque no. 001303) 4. Rotary Printers – £84.90 (cheque no. 001304). 5. Mrs. J. Burgess – £50.00 (petty cash – cheque no 001305)
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- Shropshire Council spraying in Goosemoor Close.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday August 10th 2015 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 9.25 p.m.