KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
14th JULY 2014 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr .A. Longdon, Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. K. Walton, Mr. D. Dixon, Mrs. M. Wilkinson and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance 1 Parishioner.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. Discussion took place during this section relating to the question of the speeding through Button Oak. Mr. Longdon reported that Shropshire Council were negotiating with West Mercia Police re possible extra signage which would be acceptable to the Police to enable them to carry out enforcement action. The Parish Council were advised it was understood that concrete proposals from Shropshire Council would be available prior to their next meeting.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mrs. J. Barnes (holiday), Mr. P. Kirton (other commitments) and Mr. C. Lloyd (illness) – all acceptable reasons. Also Mrs. M. Shineton and Mr. G. Butler.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
- MINUTES OF THE JUNE MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. P. Horsfall and seconded by Mr. D. Dixon.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. Mrs. Shineton had advised that she had done as much as she could in this respect and the CouncilÕs solicitor was dealing with the matter. The Parish Council felt however that the lack of signage on either side of the bridge still needed addressing. Clerk to progress.
- Hall Farm. Shropshire Council had advised that they were looking to install a filter drain under the road which would run alongside the STW water main and then connect into the existing road crossing hopefully to alleviate the problem of water across the highway at this point.
- Sturt Lane. Shropshire Council had issued a notice for their contractor to carry out repairs to the potholes.
- Block Drain above Hall Farm. Shropshire Council were looking at this matter and would jet the drain if required.
- Button Oak Speeding. This matter had been dealt with during ParishionersÕ time.
- Spring Meadow. Shropshire Council had advised that there had been a change of ownership of the land and the land had been cleared. Inspection had revealed that the stables and agricultural building remained but no animals or vehicles were on site.
- Training. Still being progressed.
- Milestones. The Councillors advised that they had attended to the milestones allocated to them with the ones at Hawkbatch and Button Oak to be checked.
- Severn Lodge Lane. Still potholes awaiting attention at the bottom – to be progressed.
- Acknowledgments of donations from Kinlet Playgroup/Kinlet School/Cleobury Youth Partnership and S.A.R.A.
- Shropshire Council re withdrawal of application 14/01788/FUL for Mr. J. Crate for erection of garden room following demolition of existing porch affecting a Grade II Listed Building.
- Update from Shropshire Council re register of electors.
- Shropshire Fire and Rescue re public meetings to discuss Phase 3 options of their Integrated Risk Management Plan.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
- Clerks and Councils Direct.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- 14/02608/FUL for Mr. D. Lewis for erection of a detached dwelling at Sunnyside, Kinlet – unanimous decision to recommend approval. Proposed by Mr. K. Walton and seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall.
- 14/02822/PMBPA for Mr. A. Rowles for Prior Approval under Part 3, Class MB of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment and Consequential Provisions) (England) Order 2014 for the Change of Use from agricultural use to residential use at Fastings Farm, Button Bridge Lane, Kinlet. After considerable discussion the Parish Council felt unable to either support or object to the application as the ramifications of this new Order were not fully clear at this present time to enable them to make an informed decision. Proposed by Mr. A. Longdon, seconded by Mr. D. Dixon and agreed by all.
- Shropshire Rural Housing Association would be applying for change of materials on the proposed new housing development at Little Stocks Close due to the lengthy delivery time for bricks. All were in agreement.
- APPROVAL OF QUARTERLY BUDGET REPORT.
Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. K. Walton and agreed by all that this be approved as submitted
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS. Neither County Councillor was present at the meeting.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001231). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £235.00 ( salary – cheque no. 001232.)
- Mrs. J. Burgess – £16.99 (reimbursement for stationery – cheque no. 001233). 4. DHCnet – £110.00 (cheque no. 001234). 5. S.A.P.C. – £10.00 (training – cheque no. 001236). Bank balance £14,466.
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- Possible Community Led Development Grant contribution towards S.R.H.A. costs of installing land drainage scheme.
- Old Colliery footpath – possible extension of crash barrier.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday 11th August 2014 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 8.35 p.m.