KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
8th JUNE 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr D. Dixon, Mr. P. Kirton, Mr D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. K. Walton, Mrs J. Barnes, Mrs. M. Wilkinson and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance Mrs M. Shineton.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There was 1 member present for the commencement of the meeting. Another parishioner arrived at 7.45 p.m.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mr .C. Lloyd (holiday – acceptable reason)
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Mr. P. Kirton and Mr. P. Horsfall declared a personal interest in item 6.2.
- MINUTES OF THE MAY MEETING were taken as read, amended, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon and seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall.
- MATTERS ARISING.
1 HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. Shropshire Council had confirmed that adequate signage would be in place two weeks before commencement of the works here. Severn Trent had further works to carry out on the Worcestershire side of the Bridge scheduled for commencement in late August. A roadshow had taken place to relay the details of the diversion route which would take place on some of ShropshireÕs roads.
- Hall Farm. A date was still awaited for the investigative work due here.
- Sturt Lane. Work was due to take place along this lane but in the meantime the bad pothole by Winwoods Farm would be reported.
- Footpath Near Old Colliery. A suitable solution had been agreed here between Shropshire Council and Kinlet Estate.
- Meaton Lane. Work now completed here and road re-opened.
- Signs at Catsley Corner. It had not been able to ascertain why the delay in erecting these signs still continued. Mrs. Shineton was investigating.
- Overgrown Conifers B.4194. Anticipated photographs would be available later in the month.
- V.A.S. Satisfactory operation of this sign to be confirmed.
- B.4363 from Park Close to Junction B.4555. It was understood that the site meeting with Ringway had taken place with Shropshire Council and once the job had been committed then the work could be placed in their works program.
- Covered Water Meter in Meaton Lane. Mrs. Shineton reported that a new cover was due to be fitted.
- Sturt Lane Potholes Repaired Unsatisfactorily Twice. Mrs. Shineton reported that a review was taking place on the general effectiveness of all highway repairs.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. No new updates had been received.
- SCHOOL PARKING ISSUES UPDATE. No update had been available. Regarding the notice board at the school, rather than use this the school had offered to place prior details of our monthly meetings in their weekly newsletter. Which was an acceptable suggestion.
7.55 p.m. AT THIS POINT THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING WAS ADJOURNED FOR AN OPEN DISCUSSION RE THE ANALYSIS OF THE BUTTON OAK SPEEDING QUESTIONNAIRE
Mrs. J. Barnes reported that out of the 505 questionnaires sent out to all Kinlet Parishioners
209 had been returned and these 209 replies = 383 residents.
As there was no clear majority for any of the options, the recommendation of the Sub-Committee who had worked on the questionnaire preparation and distribution was that Shropshire Council be asked to carry out an average speed check at the earliest possible time to ascertain the current speed through the village.
Some discussion took place with the one Button Oak resident and 1 parishioner present and the matter was discussed later when the matter came up on the Parish Council meetingÕs agenda.
8.35 p.m. The Parish Council meeting re-convened with no members of the public present.
- SALC Information Bulletin. Members were updated with appropriate items.
- Acknowledgments of donations from Kinlet School and S.A.R.A.
- Details of ChairmanÕs Training Course – neither Mr. Dixon nor Mr .Kirton were able to attend.
- Gail Tweedale re a representative on the Pound Green and Button Oak Community Committee. Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. K. Walton and agreed by all that
no representative would be put forward at this time.
- S.R.H.A. verification form signed for occupation of one of the new houses.
- Letter from Mr. T. Stanley confirming his independence and ability to carry out our Internal Audit.
- SamDev Consultation. Approval was confirmed of our current entry. The Area Committee meeting on the 15th July would be discussing this matter further and our representative(Mrs J. Barnes) would obtain information re the sections relating to holiday lets, agricultural buildings, drainage and conservation.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
- West Mercia P.C.C. Newsletters.
- Clerks and Councils Direct.
- C.P.R.E. Shroposhire Voice – Annual Report.
- Community Heartbeat Defibrillator Pack.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- WF.D.C. 15/0265/FUL Proposed bungalow on site of previous chalet on Land adj. Dowles Cottage, Dowles Road, Bewdley for Mr. T. Davies. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon, seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes and unanimously agreed by all that our previous comments to Shropshire Council were still applicable – recommend approval provided that residential rights had not expired.
- 15/01751/LBC for replacement windows, internal alterations to remove false floor, alterations to first floor layout affecting a Grade 11* Listed Building at Birch Farm, Button Bridge Lane for Mr. S.J.L Roberts. Proposed by Mr.D. Dixon, seconded by Mrs J. Barnes and unanimously agreed by all that this application be recommended for approval.
- COMPLETION AND APPROVAL OF ANNUAL RETURN. As the Internal
Auditor had completed his section, the Annual Governance Statement was completed, the
Annual Return approved and signed by the chairman and clerk – Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes
and seconded by Mr. D. Haywood.
- CONSIDERATION OF POINTS RAISED DURING THE ABOVE
OPEN DISCUSSION RE BUTTON OAK SPEEDING MATTER.
It was proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. K. Walton and agreed by all that the
recommendations of the sub-committee be actioned and Shropshire Council be asked to carry out, as a matter of urgency, an average speed check of traffic through the village (with details of the full report passed to the Parish Council) to ascertain whether speeds were now lower to enable them to meet the Dept of Transport criteria for enforcement. Copies of the analysis of the results of the questionnaire would be sent to the Police, Safety Road Partnership as well as Shropshire Council. After this speed check had been carried out further action could be considered together with possible other measures within the village to create a Ôvillage atmosphereÕ. Thanks were given to Mrs. J. Barnes and the sub-committee for their hard work in this matter.
- CONDITION OF BUTTON OAK CHURCH. Mr. Dixon reported that he had been advised that the church was to be re-decorated at the end of the month.
10 RE-DIRECTION OF COUNCILÕS POST. As the clerk had moved address, it was necessary to re-direct the post. Proposed by Mr. P. Horsfall, seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes and agreed by all that application be made to re-direct the post for 6 months at a cost of £240.00
- POSSIBLE ADOPTION OF A TELEPHONE BOX FOR HOUSING A DEFIBRILLATOR. Information re this was being circulated.
- VILLAGE HALL/LOTTERY FUNDING POSSIBILITY. The village hall committee were currently dealing with this matter.
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS. Mrs. M. Shineton reported that fly tipping was causing problems again at the old pit site and that the 2L Bus Service was out to tender again.
She expressed concern re injured deer on the local roads and the appropriate contact nos. would be confirmed and put in the newsletter.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £240.00 (salary/cheque no.0012297). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses/cheque no. 0012296) 3. Monkey Office – £15.81 (cheque no. 0012298). 4. Mrs. J. Burgess – £240.00 (for post re-direction/cheque no. 0012299
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA. None were raised.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday, July 13th 2015 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 10.00 p.m.