KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
8TH SEPTEMBER 2014 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:-Mr. A Longdon, Mr D. Haywood, Mr P. Kirton, Mrs J. Barnes, Mr. D. Dixon and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton from 8.45 p.m.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were 2 members of the public present and discussion took place relating to Item 6.1
- APOLOGIES were received from Mr. K. Walton (holidays), Mrs. M. Wilkinson (illness), Mr C. Lloyd (business commitments), Mr. P. Horsfall (business commitments) – all acceptable reasons. Apologies also from Mr. G. Butler.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
- MINUTES OF THE AUGUST MEETING were taken as read, discussed, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon and seconded by Mr. D. Haywood.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. Barriers and signs still in place. No further work appeared to have beenundertaken.
- Sturt Lane. Shropshire Council had advised that this work had been carried out on the 2nd of the month but some potholes still remained – to be progressed. Confirmation had been rec. that the blocked drain had been cleared.
- Button Oak Speeding. The requested confirmation that the Police (via Shropshire Council) would be prepared to carry out enforcement action if the draft proposals were implemented had not been conclusive enough as speeds would still need to satisfy the Dept. of Transport speed criteria which it was understood was not however a mandatory factor.
Sgt. Richard Bailey had been contacted by the Chairman as suggested but he had been unable to expand on the situation.
It was agreed that letters should be sent to the Chief Constable and our M.P. outlining the situation.
Shropshire Council confirmed that they were prepared to carry out a letter drop to local residents to detail the proposals once they had been finalised.
- VAS sign at Button Oak. Now working satisfactorily.
- Milestones. Mrs. J. Barnes would attend to the milestones at Button Oak and Hawkbatch.
- Horse Sign Requested by the Police at Highley.
- Borle Mill Bank/Lane. Shropshire Council had confirmed that contractors had been asked to attend with resurfacing scheduled later in the month.
- Footpath near to Old Colliery. Shropshire Council had been made aware of the problem and were prepared to erect a sleeper bridge across the ditch – landowners permission was being obtained.
- The Outstanding Work on the potholes near to The Woodlands and by Sunnyside/Telephone Exchange would also be chased. Plus the re-opened pothole by Crumpsend Farm.
- Hall Farm. The work due to take place outside this site was Ôworking its way through the systemÕ as advised by Shropshire Council.
The question of overgrown hedges around the area were causing problems for larger vehicles – note in newsletter.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. There were no updates to report.
- TRAINING. Discussion took place re the recent course attended and the information gleaned therefrom. Mr. Longdon and Mrs. J. Barnes requested that SALC Information Bulletins be forwarded to them by e.mail.
4 AFFORDABLE HOUSING – LITTLE STOCKS CLOSE.
Copy correspondence had been rec. re the drainage situation which was being sorted out between the developer and adjoining landowner.
- Letter re weekly WW1 remembrance services at St. Chads Church, Shrewsbury –details sent to Newsletter.
- Severn Centre Celebration – details sent with agenda.
- NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group – Walk-In Centre Proposal.
CIRCULATED VIA E.MAIL.
Community Health News.
Shropshire Mobile Network Coverage.
S.A.L.C. Information Bulletin.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- 14/03642/FUL for erection of single storey garden room to rear elevation at Upper House Cottage, Kinlet for Mr. J. Crate was discussed and it was a unanimous decision to recommend approval – Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. D. Dixon.
- 14/03897/SCR for installation of solar panels at Meaton Farm, Meaton Lane, Kinlet for Mr. M.Whetter was a duplicate one and had been withdrawn.
As only environmental comments had been required, it would be queried whether planning permission would ultimately be required for such a scheme.
- RESOLUTION – THAT MONTHLY AGENDAS AND MINUTES COULD BE SENT BY E.MAIL TO COUNCILLORS IF REQUESTED.
Proposed by Mr. A. Longdon, seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes and agreed by all that the above resolution be approved.
- APPROVAL OF BANK RECONCILIATION (1/4/2014 to 30/6/20140)
Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. A. Longdon and approved by all that the Reconciliation be approved.
- CONSIDERATION AND APPROVAL OF EXTERNAL AUDITORÕS CERTIFICATE AND OPINION 2013/2014.
Proposed by Mr. A. Longdon, seconded by Mr. D. Haywood and approved by all.
- KARLÕS KABIN.
Discussion took place relating to ÔThe KabinÕ now located in the Village Hall car park mounted on a concrete base. It was understood that a food standards certificate had been obtained but the position regarding planning permission was not clear and the Clerk would ascertain the position regarding this.
Mr. Dixon provided members with copies of a newspaper article detailing re-cycling arrangements in other counties for information.
12 DATE OF THE OCTOBER MEETING.
In view of the ClerkÕs forthcoming knee operation the date of the October meeting was re-arranged for Monday October 20th 2014.
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS. Mrs. M. Shineton gave an update on
ÔFuture FitÕ and advised that the Local Joint Committee was still in existence.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs J. Burgess – £235.00 (salary – cheque no.001244). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £20.80 (travelling expenses – cheque no.001245). 3. Monkey Office – £69.12 (cheque no. 001246). 4. Mr. D. Dixon – £36.40 (cheque no. no.001247)
- Mazars – £120.00 (auditors – cheque no.001248). Current bank balance was £13,251.39
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- Possibility of a mirror being provided at Catsley Corner approaching the junction from Kinlet
- More information on the agenda re items/layout.
- Overgrown hedges – names to be provided of landowners with overgrown hedges.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday 20th October 2014 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 9.05 p.m.