KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
9th FEBRUARY 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr. A. Longdon, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall, Mrs. M. Wilkinson, Mrs. J. Barnes Mr. D. Dixon, Mr. K. Walton and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance 2 Parishioners and Mrs. M. Shineton.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. No matters were raised by the members of the public.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mr. P. Kirton (business commitments – acceptable reason) and Mr. G. Butler.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Mr. D. Haywood declared a personal interest in item 6.1 and a prejudicial interest in Item no. 6.2 and left the room when this latter matter was being discussed.
- MINUTES OF THE JANUARY MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon and seconded by Mr. A. Longdon.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. It was felt that the bridge needed to be made safer and it was also reported that the road on the Worcestershire side was in a very poor condition. Shropshire Council to be asked to make contact with W.C.C.
- Hall Farm. No date yet from Ringway re investigation work here.
- Sturt Lane. Potholes repairs had now been carried out. There is continuing concern
however, re the traffic which may use this lane as a short cut when the diversion is in place
due to road works on the B.4194 – matter to be taken up with Shropshire Council again.
- Button Oak Speeding. The Chairman reported on a meeting he had attended at
Bridgnorth Police Station and his correspondence with the Police Commissioner. In order to
move this matter along further it was agreed that a letter drop would be sent out by
Shropshire Council to all Button Oak residents giving them details of the draft proposals for
future enforcement measures and inviting them to attend a meeting to express their views in
ParishionersÕ Time on Monday 9th March from 7.00 to 8.00 p.m. when representatives from Shropshire Council, the Police, County Councillors and the Contractors would be in attendance. Contents of letter to be approved by Chairman before despatch.
- Footpath near The Old Colliery. Shropshire Council still awaiting response from Kinlet Estate.
- Potholes near The Woodlands. These will be attended to when the B.4194 was patched in March.
- Flooding on the B.4555/Crumpsend Farm splay and Diversion Worries when Highley Road is repaired. Mr. Lloyd would be having a site meeting with Graham Downes later in the week to discuss these matters.
- B.4363 Old Forge. Shropshire Council looking to install new highway gully and possible ditch course – to be funded from 2015/6 finances.
- Drain Cover at Button Oak/Hawkbatch pothole. Both attended to now.
- Signs at Goosemoor Close and Catsley Corner. Still on order.
- ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. No updates to report.
- HEDGE TRIMMING. Some of the work requested had been carried out by landowners and hopefully the other work would be attended to during the month.
- SCHOOL PARKING ISSUES. Alice Dilley had met with the Head Teacher from Kinlet School and discussed the yellow Ôschool keep clearÕ markings and agreed that this would not make any difference to the current situation and would effectively push more vehicles towards the B4363 and Park Close.
Signs would be erected to reinforce the existing 30 mph limit and at this stage the school warning signs would be upgraded also and the temporary yellow Ôwalking busÕ signs would be erected on the main route and not just on the bus shelter.
The footpath between the Eagle and Serpent was felt to be a very good facility and it was also felt by both the School and Council that the park and stride facility was the best solution to the parking issues and if appropriate Ôprivate roadÕ signs were erected at Park Close, then this should force people to use this facility better.
The suggestion that the Parish Council should consider funding a larger sign or signs to clearly inform the public that Park Close was a private road was discussed and it was agreed by all that this was not the Parish CouncilÕs responsibility – proposed by Mr. C. Lloyd and seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes.
- Shropshire Council re New Road, Highley Road closure (carriageway reconstruction) 7th and 8th Feb. and 14th to 22nd Feb. and drainage investigation on the B. 4363 from Cleobury Mortimer A.4117 jct. to start of Kinlet Bank 4th Masrch.
- Shropshire Council re approval for 14/04491/FUL for Mrs. Williams for erection of dwelling following demolition of existing at The Hide, Dowles road, Bewdley.
- Transparency Code for Small Authorities.
- Philip Dunne re Council Tax Support Grant.
- Oil Buying Club – offer to be accepted to provide free software.
- Amendments to Register of Electors.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
- NHS Future Fit Digest Newsletter.
Circulated by E. Mail during month.
- Financial Regulations and Internal Control details.
Circulated with Agenda.
- Amended Budget as approved January 2015.
- Media Policy.
11 Budget Report 1/10/2014 to 31/12/2014.
- Additional Financial Regulations and Internal Control details to some members unable to open e.mail.
Circulated at Meeting.
- Training Forms for annual completion.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
Application no. 14/05770/FUL for Shropshire Rural Housing Association was discussed re
drainage connection from new affordable housing scheme – planning approval 14/00897Õ
It was an unanimous decision to recommend approval – proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and
seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall. The amended cladding details were acceptable.
15/00060/PMBPA for Mrs. J. Alltree re change of use from agricultural barn to residential
dwelling at Birch View Farm, Park Close, Kinlet for Prior Approval under Part 3, Class MB of
the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment and
Consequential Provisions) (England) Order 2014 was for information only.
- CONSIDERATION AND APPROVAL OF UPDATED FINANCIAL REGULATIONS AND INTERNAL CONTROL ASSESSMENT.
Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon, seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall and unanimously agreed that these be approved as circulated.
- CONSIDERATION AND APPROVAL OF MEDIA POLICY.
Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon, seconded by Mr C. Lloyd and unanimously agreed that this be approved as circulated. This would be available on the website.
- FORMAT FOR ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL AND ANNUAL PARISH MEETINGS – MAY 11TH.
Agreed by all that these meetings would follow the usual formats.
- APPROVAL OF BUDGET REPORT 1/10/2014 TO 31/12/2014.
Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. D. Dixon and agreed that this be approved as circulated with approval also for an overspend on the travelling expenses section to the end of the financial year.
- APPOINTMENT OF INTERNAL AUDITOR.
Proposed by Mr. D. Haywood, seconded by Mr. K. Walton and unanimously agreed that Mr. T. Stanley be re-appointed as our Internal Auditor.
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS. Mrs. M. Shineton reported that the Health Project was going ahead and whilst Adult Social care was over budget advance requirements were very difficult to assess. There was to be a Cabinet Meeting to discuss finance matters in the very near future and S.A.L.C.Õs County Secretary (Karen Roper) was leaving after 15 years in the post.
She would arrange to have investigated the problems with rats at Little Stocks Close and also the problem of the re-surfaced bridleway at Kingswood getting flooded.
- PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND.
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £240.00 (salary – cheque no. 001260). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £16.90 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001261)
- B/North and Shropshire Crucial Crew – £70.00 (cheque no. 001262). 4 DHCNet – £85.00
(cheque no. 001263) 5. Monkey Office – £179.88 (cheque no. 001264). 6. I.T.S. Solutions – £124.80 (cheque no. 001265) 7. Rotary Printers – £183.00 cheque no. 001266). 8. C.P.R.E. – £29.00 (cheque no. 001267). ( Proposed by Mr. A. Longdon and seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd). Present bank balance – £11,308.92.
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA – None were raised.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING.
This was arranged for Monday 9th March 2015 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.00 p.m. with an extended public participation time until 8.00 p.m. and the meeting closed at approximately 9.30 p.m.