KINLET PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
9th JUNE 2014 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr. D. Dixon (Vice Chairman), Mr. P. Horsfall, Mr. C. Lloyd, Mrs. J. Barnes, Mr.P. Kirton and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton (until 8.30 p.m.) and one parishioner.
0. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. Discussion took place in relation to the milestones and their upkeep.
1. APOLOGIES were received from Mr. D. Haywood (holiday), Mrs. M. Wilkinson (family commitment), Mr. K. Walton (holiday) and Mr A. Longdon (illness)
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
3. MINUTES OF THE MAY MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton.
4. MATTERS ARISING.
1. HIGHWAY MATTERS.
a. Furness Mill – concern was again expressed about the condition here with some of the barriers not in place and signage ineffective despites assurance that this work was being carried out. Mrs. Shineton would progress.
b. Button Oak Speeding. In view of Mr. Longdon’s absence the Clerk advised that she understood that he had spoken to Shropshire Council about this matter and additional speed enforcement measures had been suggested by them. No further details were available but this was an ongoing matter with Shropshire Council.
c. The Woodlands – Pothole near here had now been repaired.
d. Catsley Corner. Shropshire Council had inspected the signage approaching this junction and agreed to install a new ‘Give Way Ahead’ triangle with 100 yds. plate, although no date was given due to manufacturing times.
e. Future Work. Mr. Downes had confirmed work scheduled within the parish this financial year. It had also been confirmed that monthly inspections were still taking place. Suggested meeting was not progressed at this stage.
f. Camber on Newly Surfaced B.4555. Whilst nothing could be done about this matter now, Mrs. Shineton would flag it up for future reference.
g. New Matters. The following would be reported:- Bad potholes along Sturt Lane./Possible blocked drain on bend above Hall Farm.
2. ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. There were no updates to report.
3. NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH UPDATE. A short update was given of the recent co-ordinators meeting.
4. SPRING MEADOW. Shropshire Council were still dealing with this matter.
- TRAINING MATTERS. Stottesdon Parish Council had confirmed that training could be arranged in ‘Fundamentals for Cllrs and Code of Conduct’ by SALC. Dates to be confirmed
6. MILESTONES. This matter had been discussed in parishioners ‘time and was ongoing with each councillor having offered to attend to the various overgrown milestones.
1. Acknowledgments of donations from Midlands Air Ambulance and Cleobury Youth Partnership.
2. Copy e.mail re Kinlet Mines position.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
3. Clerks and Councils Direct/Local Councils Review.
4. Shropshire Voice
5. Severn Hospice Year Book.
6. Copy letter from Nick Bowles (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Planning) to Daniel Kawcyzynksi re recent visit of Shropshire Councillors.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
1. 14/01973/CPL for Forest View, 4 Fallowfield, Kinlet re Lawful Development Certificate for the proposed erection of extension to existing wooden shed for Mr. And Mrs. McGowan. (For information only)
7. COMPLETION AND APPROVAL OF ANNUAL RETURN. (2013/2014)
The Internal Auditor’s Report was considered which raised no matters of concern. Annual Governance Statement completed and approved, also Accounting Statement approved – all signed. Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton.
8. COUNTY COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS. Mrs. M. Shineton reported on the Cleobury Mortimer New Medical Centre opening and a proposed meeting to discuss the quality of highway work.
9. PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:-1. Mr. T. Stanley – £50.00 (cheque no. 001225). 2. Mr. A. Longdon – £26.62 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001226). 3. Mrs. J. Burgess – £235.00. (monthly salary – cheque no. 001227). 4. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses- cheque no. 001228). 5. Kinlet School – £50.00 (cheque no. 001229). 6. Ditton First Responsers – £50.00 (cheque no. 001230). Proposed by Mr. C. Lloyd and seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall).
10. ITEMS NEXT AGENDA. None were raised.
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday July 14th 2014 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 8.40 p.m.