KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
MARCH 9TH 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.00 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr. A. Longdon (Chairman), Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Horsfall. Mr. P. Kirton, Mrs. J. Barnes, Mrs. M. Wilkinson, Mr. D. Dixon, Mr. K. Walton Mr. C. Lloyd and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Also in attendance Mrs. M. Shineton and Mr. G. Butler (from 7.30 p.m.)
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were approximately 30 parishioners present when the matter of the speeding through Button Oak was discussed. There were representatives from Shropshire Council, Mouchel, Safer Roads Partnership and West Mercia police. Details of possible road measures which could be implemented to assist in reducing the speed of the traffic were shown. Comments and questions were taken from the floor. At the close a feedback questionnaire was handed out for completion and return prior to a further consultation. At the present time the Police were unable to enforce the 30 mph limit as speeds were too high to meet the Department of Transport criteria.
- APOLOGIES. None were received.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
- Mrs. M. Wilkinson declared a prejudicial interest in Item 6.1 re planning application no. 15/00126/FUL left the room and took no part in the discussion.
- Mr. D. Haywood and Mr. P. Horsfall declared a personal interest in Item 9 re a donation to the Village Hall.
- MINUTES OF THE FEBRUARY MEETING were taken as read, approved and signed. Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon and seconded by Mr. D. Haywood.
- MATTERS ARISING.
- HIGHWAY MATTERS.
- Furness Mill. Whilst the signs had been weighed down by sandbags now and it has been confirmed by Shropshire council that they would be contacting Worcestershire County council re the condition of the road on their side of the road, it was disappointing that no other progress had been made on this matter. Mr. G. Butler was asked to take this matter up with Shropshire Council.
- Hall Farm/Footpath near Old Colliery/Sign at Catsley Corner – no updates had been received on these matters.
- Sturt Lane. Repairs were due to be carried along certain stretches in the new financial year. It was disappointing that cars and heavy vehicles had been using this road to avoid the diversion off theB.4194 with possible further damage to the road surface and the bridge at Furness Mill.
- Button Oak Speeding. As a consequence of the discussion during Public Participation time it was decided to form a sub-committee (Mr. D. Haywood, Mr. P. Kirton and Mrs. J. Barnes) to prepare a more detailed questionnaire to go out to all Button Oak residents as a result of the information given at this time with an open meeting to follow to ascertain which option was the most acceptable.
- Meaton Lane. It was hoped that the repairs could be carried out in early April.
- Crumpsend Farm Splay/Flooding on B.4555. Mr. Lloyd had had a site meeting with Graham Downes who had agreed to rectify the splay problem (reminder to be sent). There had been 3 accidents on Borle Mill and salt had been promised. The flash flooding was also discussed and once again it had been advised that a visit to view this problem needed to be made in times of rain/icy weather.
- Problems opposite Winnal Cottage. Road breaking up here with a dangerous pothole developing – to be reported again.
- Hedge Trimming. Problems here with 2 properties- still being followed up.
- Kingswood Lane Flooding. This was an ongoing matter.
- Rubbish on the B.4194. It was understood that a volunteer group were attending to this matter.
- Overgrown Conifers on B.4194. Mrs. Barnes to forward photographs to Mrs. Shineton for her to progress the matter.
- Bend between Sturt Lane to Catsley. Problems with lying water here – possible blocked drain to be reported.
2 ENFORCEMENT MATTERS. No new updates available.
- SCHOOL PARKING ISSUES UPDATE. There were problems with parking in Park Close but as this was a private road the Parish Council felt unable to take any action.
- OIL CLUB. Passed on to Newsletter editors.
- SALC re Council Tax Support Grant and confirmation re non payment by Shropshire Council.
- SALC re Training Courses – details were given to councillors but as all these were at Shrewsbury it was difficult for members to attend. Now that the Training Request Forms has been completed efforts would be made to try and arrange some local training. Clerk to liaise with Stottesdon/Area Committee.
- SALC re Neighbour Fund – April 20015. Mr. Butler explained this scheme more fully.
- Shropshire Council re road repairs works on the B.4363 now scheduled for 27th/28th April.
- Letter from Ray Ingram re hedge and grass cutting services and interest in Lengthsman scheme.
- Kinlet Parish Hall re assistance of funding for new extension and disabled entrance.
Circulated by E.Mail during month – S.A.L.C. Special Information Bulletin dated 16th Feb.
Circulated with Agenda. Home Work Place Risk Assessment/Community Strategy/ Information re Annual Donations/Copy of letter from Mr. C. Brown re hedges.
TO BE CIRCULATED.
NHS Future Fit Digest Newsletter.
Police and Crime Commissioner E. Newsletter – Issue 5.
Community Health News
Clerk and Councils Direct – Jan and March issues/L.C.R. Winter 2014.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
It was a unanimous decision to recommend approval of applications nos. 15/00126/FUL for
Mr. A. Wilkinson for erection of extension to agricultural workshop at The Cottage,
Button Oak, Kinlet (proposed by Mrs. Barnes and seconded by Mr. D. Haywood), application
no.15/00293/FUL for Emma Davis for erection of a two storey side extension and detached
garage at 2 Woodgate, Kinlet, Bewdley (proposed by Mrs J. Barnes and seconded by Mr. P.
Horsafall) and application no.15/00565/FUL for Mr. and Mrs. Bradford for erection of
conservatory on rear elevation and demolition of existing lean-to structure at Oak Cottage,
Button Oak. (Proposed by Mrs.J. Barnes and seconded by Mr D. Dixon)
Application no. 15/00746 had only just been received and a special meeting on the 23rd March
would discuss this matter and any other planning applications to hand so that our comments
could be sent back to Shropshire Council prior to their decision being taken.
- APPROVAL OF UPDATED HOME WORKPLACE RISK ASSESSMENT.
Proposed by Mrs. J. Barnes, seconded by Mr. D. Dixon and approved by all that this update be
- APPROVAL OF UPDATED COMMUNITY STRATEGY.
Proposed by Mr. K. Walton, seconded by Mr. P. Horsfall and agreed by all that this update be
- CONSIDERATION OF ANNUAL DONATIONS.
It was proposed by Mr. K. Walton, seconded by Mrs. J. Barnes and agreed by all that the
following donations be made:-1. S.A.R.A – £50.00/ Air Ambulance – £150.00/Severn
Hospice – £50.00/Kemp Hospice – £50.00/Cleobury Youth Partnership – £100.00/St. MaryÕs
Youth Project £100.00/Kinlet School – £100.00/Kinlet Playgroup £50.00/Cleobury Mortimer
First Responder scheme – £100.00 and Kinlet Village Hall £1,000
(Mrs. Shineton took no part in the discussion re Severn Hospice donation)
- COUNTY COUNCILLORSÕ REPORTS.
Mrs. Shineton reported on the satisfactory operation of the 125 bus route since the new operators had taken over.
Mr. Butler advised that a Samdev final decision was very near and that the annual budget had been agreed, but substantial savings would still need to be made in the next few years.
- PAYMENTS OF ACCOUNTS TO HAND
It was agreed to make the following payments:- 1. Mrs. J. Burgess – £340.00 (salary and the £100.00 non-consolidated payment for this year recommended by NALC – cheque no.001268). 2. Mrs. J. Burgess – £10.40 (travelling expenses – cheque no. 001269) 3. S.A.R.A. – £50.00 (cheque no. 001270). 4. Air Ambulance – £150.00 (cheque no. 001271)
- Severn Hospice – £50.00 (cheque no. 001272). 6. Kemp Hospice – £50.00 (cheque no.001273.). 7. Cleobury Youth Partnership – £100.00 (cheque no. 001274). 8. St. Marys Youth Project – £100.00 (cheque no. 001275). 9. Kinlet School – £100.00 (cheque no. 001276)
- Kinlet Playgroup – £50.00 (cheque no. 001277). 11. Cleobury Mortimer First Responders scheme – £100.00 (cheque no. 001278) 12. Kinlet Village Hall – £1,000.00 (cheque no.001279). (Proposed by Mr. D. Dixon and seconded by Mr. K. Walton)
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- School Notice Board.
2 Neighbourhood Watch.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. A Planning meeting was arranged for Monday 23rd March 2015 at 8.00 p.m. with the April Parish Council meeting arranged for Monday 13th April in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 10.15 p.m.
KINLET PARISH COUNCIL.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY,
23rd MARCH 2015 IN THE PARISH HALL
COMMENCING AT 7.30 p.m.
PRESENT:- Mr. D. Dixon (Vice Chairman), Mr P. Kirton, Mr C Lloyd, Mr P Horsfall, Mrs J. Barnes, Mr K. Walton and Mrs. J. Burgess (Clerk).
Mr. Dixon referred to Mr. Alan LongdonÕs resignation from the chairmanship of the Council and also as a councillor on the 21st March and proposed a vote of thanks for his efforts and commitment over the years. This was seconded by Mr. P. Kirton and agreed by all and a letter would be sent by the clerk expressing these thanks.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. There were 2 members of the public present.
- APOLOGIES were received from Mr. D. Haywood (holiday) and Mrs. M. Wilkinson (family commitments). Both acceptable reasons.
- 2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. None were declared.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- Application no. 15/00746/OUT for Mr and Mrs D. Dudley re outline planning permission for erection of two detached dwellings, including garage and alterations to existing vehicular access on land adjoining Simmonds Barn, Button Oak, Kinlet was discussed at some length. It was proposed by Mrs. J. Baines, seconded by Mr. C . Lloyd and unanimously agreed by all that this application be recommended for refusal on the grounds that it did not reflect the local housing needs and would set a precedent for future applications. There were flooding risks and it was felt that there would be an impact on wildlife, loss of wildlife habitats and damage to the natural environment. It was also felt that there would be adverse effects to the immediate surroundings, overuse of land and damage to areas of natural beauty together with the closeness to SSSI land.
- Application no. 15/00898/FUL for Mrs. K. Workman for erection of rear extension over existing ground floor extension and conservatory to side of 1 Woodgate, Kinlet was also discussed and it was a unanimous decision to recommend approval – proposed by Mr. P. Horsfall and seconded by Mr. P. Kirton.
- UPDATE ON BUTTON OAK SPEEDING. The draft consultation prepared by Mrs. J. Barnes was approved for circulation and it was proposed by Mr. P. Horsfall, seconded by Mr. C. Lloyd and agreed by all that this would be sent out to all Kinlet residents by post together with s.a.e. to ensure a good return with the Parish Council bearing the cost of this mailing.
The question of the positioning of the 30 mph signs had been raised but these positions had been Shropshire CouncilÕs responsibility and it was felt that they had been installed to comply with legal requirements.
There had been a query re e.mails in connection with this matter not reaching the clerk and some councillors and the clerk would take this matter up with our IT consultant so that the addresses on the central server could be checked.
- ITEMS NEXT AGENDA.
- Recent road closure – B.4194.
- Sturt Lane Potholes – Spring Meadow/Winwoods.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING. This was arranged for Monday April 13th 2015 in the Parish Hall commencing at 7.30 p.m. with Public Participation time and the meeting closed at approximately 9.20 p.m.