St. Andrews Church – Button Oak
St Andrew’s is found in Button Oak, a small village in Shropshire, 3 miles north of Bewdley on the B4194 to Kinlet.
St Andrew’s was built as a mission church to people whose work was based in the Wyre Forest. It is a small corrugated-iron-roofed mission church built in the nineteenth century. The church seats about 60 people and is normally open only for services and meetings. There is limited parking next to the building and no churchyard, although the parish still looks after Dowles Churchyard, nearer to Bewdley, on the site of the former Dowles church, demolished in 1956. The church is supported by a friendly and loyal congregation.
Sunday worship is held at 11.15 am on 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month – one of which is a Communion service.
St Andrew’s is part of the Anglican parish of Bewdley, along with St Anne’s, Bewdley and St Leonard’s, Ribbesford.
We are part of Church of England in the Diocese of Worcester.
All three churches work to support each other and share the same minister – Keith James
You can contact him on 01299 402275 or via St Anne’s Church Centre on 01299 405385
Brian Wood is also a good point of contact for St Andrew’s Button Oak – 01299 404363
For further details see our website: